The Domaine was created in 1988 by Patrick Noël in his native village of Saint-Satur, at the base of the Sancerre hill. Patrick is descended from more than three centuries of vignerons, all from the village of Chavignol.

With 80% of their holdings in the village of Chavignol and the remaining 20% in the village of Sancerre, they are making some of the most structured, soulful wines in the region and have risen to be among the very top family domaines in Sancerre.

On average, the vines for the estate Sancerre are between 25 and 40 years old, with some plots of 60+-year-old vines. Their Sancerre is a blend of vineyards from Chavignol, Sancerre, and Saint-Satur villages, which includes all 3 soil types of the region. Silex (flinty clay) plots are located in Sancerre, with Kimmeridgian clay-limestone plots called terres blanches located in Chavignol and Saint-Satur, and finally, caillottes (stony calcareous limestone) plots in Chavignol.

After an indigenous yeast fermentation in stainless steel, the wine rests in tank without bâtonnage, with only one racking, two months after fermentation, and then it is left undisturbed until bottling right before harvest.

  • Sancerre