Penedès – Parés Balta is a family owned traditional winery that goes back to 1790. Located in the Penedès, they are winemakers with a long tradition but with new and fresh ideas. The company is guided into a new era of high quality wine production under the management of Joan and Josep Cusiné and the unconditional help of their father Joan Cuisiné Cuisiné. They produce high-quality wines and Cavas with grapes from their five estates, situated around the winery and in the mountains of Penedès. The altitude varies from 170 to 750 meters above sea-level and offers a diverse mixture of soils and microclimates. That gives a special personality to their wines by bringing the essence of the Mediterranean ecosystem to our grapes.
The winery has fully converted to biodynamic practices as of 2011 and has received their Demeter certification. Some of their vineyards are also cultivated in centenary terraces. These types of terraced vineyards were nearly abandoned due to their high cost of maintenance but they decided to use them again which is highly uncommon in the Penedès. They are completely isolated and surrounded by nature and their vineyards are following the orography of the mountains. Wild animals like wild boars, foxes, rabbits and Bonelli’s eagles are frequently seen.
- Blanc de Pacs – Parellada, Macabeu, Xarel-lo
- Calcari – 100% Xarel-lo
- Cosmic – Xarel-lo, Sauvignon Blanc
- Cava Brut NV – Parellada, Macabeu, Xarel-lo
- Cava ‘Pink’ – Garnatxa, Parellada, Macabeu
- Ros de Pacs – Garnatxa, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Hisenda Miret – 100% Garnatxa
- Indigena – 100% Garnatxa
- Indigena Rosat – 100% Garnatxa
- Mas Elena – Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc
- Mas Petit – Garnatxa, Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2PiR – Garnatxa, Carinena, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah