In 2013, longtime friends Nicolas Grosbois and Philippe Mesnier purchased 12 hectares of vines in Azay-le-Rideau, an excellent, though relatively unknown terroir a few kilometers east of Chinon. They immediately began farming all the vines organically, and set about on an ambitious project to reintroduce the wines of Azay-le-Rideau. Most of the vineyards are located in Azay-le-Rideau on the lieu-dit “Hauts Baigneux”, with a small parcel in Saché. The wines of Domaine des Hauts Baigneux are all produced with natural yeast, and bottled with minimal intervention.
- VDF Spontané Blanc – méthode ancestral
- Touraine Azay-le-Rideau Blanc – 100% Chenin Blanc
- Touraine Azay-le-Rideau Blanc ‘Les Chênes’ – 100% Chenin Blanc
- Touraine Azay-le-Rideau Rosé ‘La Surprise’ – 70% Grolleau | 15% Gamay | 15% Côt
- Touraine Rouge ‘Les Pentes’ – 60% Cabernet Franc | 20% Gamay | 20% Grolleau