The Grampians, Victoria – Henry Best, for whom Best’s Great Western is named, planted his first vines in the regino as far back as 1867. A few decades later, the Scotsman William Thomson bought property and planted vines at Rhymney to the south, adding the original Best’s vineyards to his holdings in 1920 upon Henry Best’s death. The Thomson family continue to own and operate Best’s Great Western today, making it one of the few historic Australian wineries to remain non-corporatized.
- Riesling 2017
- Shiraz 2014 Bin 1