Agnès and René Mosse live in the village of St-Lambert-du-Lattay, one of the famous villages of the Coteaux-du-Layon appellation in Anjou. The Layon is a small tributary of the Loire which crosses schist and sandstone hills. Its micro-climate allows for a long hang-time, and when the mornings are foggy in the fall, with no rain, botrytis develops easily on the Chenin grapes.
The Mosse had owned a wine-bar/wine retail in Tours, meeting great winemakers before studying oenology and finally settled an estate in St-Lambert in 1999.
They adopted organic viticulture techniques from the start and use biodynamic preparations to treat the vines and soil. It is also important to them to vinify in a natural fashion, minimizing manipulations and the use of sulfur. All the wines are barrel-fermented and aged, and usually the whites go through their malolactic fermentation.
- ‘Magic of Juju’ – Chenin Blanc
- Anjou Blanc – Chenin Blanc (sélection massale)
- Le Rouchefer – Chenin Blanc
- Les Bonnes Blanches – Chenin Blanc
- Rouge – Cabernet Franc
- Bisou Rouge – Grolleau Noir, Pineau d’Aunis, Cot, Gamay, Grolleau Gris, Cabernet Franc